Monday, July 6, 2009

Written June 30, 2009. Received July 6, 2009.

Halfway through week 5 of training! Kind of bittersweet, since this was the point last cycle when I ceased training.

Last week was really physical, and I thought this week might be a little easier, but not so far. Yesterday (Monday) was the fartlek run for PT, which in and of itself is not too bad. However, we also drilled for nearly 3 hours during the course of the day, and had a class outside too. The sun was really intense on the black asphalt of the parade deck. Today was the Day Land nav/Compass Course exam (I made a 100!). We hiked 3 miles out to the course, then had 2 hours to find all of our boxes, ate an MRE for chow, then hiked 3 miles back. I had to carry the daypack (like a backpack from school) of one of the sick callers as well as my own daypack and rile for most of the way out to the course. I swear some candidates go to medical just to get out of whatever training is going on that day!

Tomorrow won't be too bad, hopefully. We have a run and muscular endurance circuit for PT in the morning. Thursday we get to do the confidence course and Tarzan course (high obstacles, etc), which I am looking forward too.

Jason, how was the South Dakota trip? I can't wait to hear all the details. Glad, too, to hear your back is better.

Erica, splash a little in the pool for me! It has been HOT - my cammies are usually soaking wet with sweat.

Oh, guess what? I got a card from the Keltons today! Mail has been much more consistent this cycle. I am praying all goes well at court in Ethiopia. I can't wait to meet my new niece!

All my love,

Leigh

No comments: