I love you and miss you. It was so exciting to receive the letters and pictures and kissing hands and everything today. I sent Ashton back my kissing hand too.
I am plugging along at OCS – as with anything, some days are better than others. I have been a company billet holder the past 2 days: Candidate Company Executive Officer. Coordinating the internal functioning of the candidate company (shadow) staff and maintaining accountability for every candidate in Charlie company (approx. 190) is no easy chore, I assure you. I turn over the billet at 0500 in the morning.
We spent our first night in the field on Monday. Our packs are almost as big as me! We set up camp and shared I person tents and ate MRE’s. The next morning, we did a 4 mile hump (hike) wearing the packs. Mind you, I am in boots, utilities, camouflage face paint, the whole nine yards. I hung in though, and didn’t fall out. Later, we did some land navigation and leadership reaction coursework practical applications. Surprisingly enough, I am pretty handy with the compass and plotting map coordinates!
Erica, you did such a good job on Hannah’s cake! Almost too pretty to eat. Thanks for the sports updates and devotionals. And, thanks most of all for your love, prayers, and support!
Jason, I trust all is well with you. Those pictures of Ashton look so much like you!
Ashton – be a good boy for Mommy and Daddy. I hear you moved up to a new class! BoBo is so proud of you. I love you and miss you bunches and bunches!
Love,
BoBo




1 comment:
hey leigh!
just checking on the blogs and thought i would say hello. hope all is well with you and you are hanging in there...you have come this far...keep your chin up and keep marching...put toliet paper in your boots...maybe that will give you a couple of inches...lol...
machelle, tyler and trenton
Post a Comment