Written June 1, 2009. Received June 4, 2009.
Hey guys!
It's Monday evening here in Quantico, and I finally have the chance to write some letters (no fire-watch tonight - yippee!)
I now fully grasp the meaning of the concept "hurry up and wait." Never in my life have I gotten up so early, in bed so late, and accomplished so very little in between the two. In-processing is almost over, though, thankfully. Only had to get 2 shots this cycle instead of 6, so that was a definite bonus. We finally ran our initial Physical Fitness Test (PFT) this morning, which consists of the usual flex-arm hang, 2 minutes crunches, and 3 mile run. First Class score - yay! Uniform issue was this afternoon. I look for "pick-up" by the sergeant instructors and the beginning of the training phase to begin sometime tomorrow or perhaps Wednesday morning.
Erica and Jason, how goes the adoption? Is there a referral and picture yet? Can't wait to see my little niece for the first time. Tell Ashton that everyone loves the construction paper flag he made me in Sunday School. I hope you are continuing to recover well, Jason. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Have you been busy at work and baking, Erica? I bet ya'll are getting ready to enjoy the pool at Daddy's. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying a nice "swim" in the muddy water of the Quigley, I'm sure ;)
My mailing address is: (THIS IS ON FACEBOOK, SO IF YOU ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK PLEASE E-MAIL ERICA AND TELL HOW YOU KNOW LEIGH AND THE ADDRESS WILL BE SENT TO YOU).
This much I will post here: Charlie Company, 1st Platoon
Write soon, and make sure you post the company and platoon info on the blog. Also, you can give it to my Sunday School class. I sure do miss you guys! Your cards have been such an uplift, and knowing you are praying for me makes all the difference.
Ashton - BoBo misses you and loves you! I can't wait to get cards and pictures and letters from you. Have you been a good boy for Mommy and Daddy? Did you have your t-ball tournament yet? I bet you played just awesome. BoBo can't wait to see you again. Take care of PaPa and Bernie for me. Have you been picking my strawberries? I love you!
Erica, I will write more when I can. First liberty is supposed to be June 20-21, and I will have my cell and computer the. Write me soon!
All my love,
BoBo
Hey guys!
It's Monday evening here in Quantico, and I finally have the chance to write some letters (no fire-watch tonight - yippee!)
I now fully grasp the meaning of the concept "hurry up and wait." Never in my life have I gotten up so early, in bed so late, and accomplished so very little in between the two. In-processing is almost over, though, thankfully. Only had to get 2 shots this cycle instead of 6, so that was a definite bonus. We finally ran our initial Physical Fitness Test (PFT) this morning, which consists of the usual flex-arm hang, 2 minutes crunches, and 3 mile run. First Class score - yay! Uniform issue was this afternoon. I look for "pick-up" by the sergeant instructors and the beginning of the training phase to begin sometime tomorrow or perhaps Wednesday morning.
Erica and Jason, how goes the adoption? Is there a referral and picture yet? Can't wait to see my little niece for the first time. Tell Ashton that everyone loves the construction paper flag he made me in Sunday School. I hope you are continuing to recover well, Jason. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Have you been busy at work and baking, Erica? I bet ya'll are getting ready to enjoy the pool at Daddy's. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying a nice "swim" in the muddy water of the Quigley, I'm sure ;)
My mailing address is: (THIS IS ON FACEBOOK, SO IF YOU ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK PLEASE E-MAIL ERICA AND TELL HOW YOU KNOW LEIGH AND THE ADDRESS WILL BE SENT TO YOU).
This much I will post here: Charlie Company, 1st Platoon
Write soon, and make sure you post the company and platoon info on the blog. Also, you can give it to my Sunday School class. I sure do miss you guys! Your cards have been such an uplift, and knowing you are praying for me makes all the difference.
Ashton - BoBo misses you and loves you! I can't wait to get cards and pictures and letters from you. Have you been a good boy for Mommy and Daddy? Did you have your t-ball tournament yet? I bet you played just awesome. BoBo can't wait to see you again. Take care of PaPa and Bernie for me. Have you been picking my strawberries? I love you!
Erica, I will write more when I can. First liberty is supposed to be June 20-21, and I will have my cell and computer the. Write me soon!
All my love,
BoBo




No comments:
Post a Comment