Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Written June 6, 2009. Received June 9, 2009.

Daddy,

Got your letter today - and Erica's!Your new granddaughter and my new niece is beautiful! Can't wait to see my whole family in person again, and with a new addition. Did you have a good visit with Nana-Bear and Uncle Raymond on Friday?

We have had some serious heat here, coupled with some nasty thunderstorms. Didn't even carry our rifles and go over the dreaded bridge for chow tonight. We went the easy route the light duties usually take. Still no fun though - double time against the wind with our day packs and trying to keep our covers on.

That bridge may be the death of me yet. My rackmate was at sick call on Monday (or Sunday?), so I had carry her day pack and rifle as well as my own. We were route stepping over the bridge, and I took a header where the metal part meets the asphalt. Scraped my hands and knee, but otherwise okay (Never been known for my grace, have I?).

I am enjoying drill more this time around, though. Our Sergeant Instructors are doing a much better job of instructing this cycle. Of course they still get in your face and yell and scream, but I have retained my bearing.

We wrote leadership essays this week - I chose you to write about as an influence of how I view/learned leadership, see the leadership traits in action. We have a partless run for PT in the morning, so I am going to hit the rack for some sleep. Hope to hear from you again real soon!

All my love,

Semper Fi

Bo

No comments: